Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Back on the Bandwagon

I really cant believe I did the EXACT thing I said I wouldnt do...slack off on my blogging responsibilities. Would it be ok if I said that slacking off =upping the ante' on the the path towards the goal? It's been a steady last two months with an internship under KABC-7's On The Red Carpet and lets recap... interview with James Cameron? Check. Interview with Donna Summer?Check. Interview with Steve Carrel. Yep. Yes. I'm saying that now like it's nothing, but to be completely honest---It was alot of pressure to pull off the whole " Oh no problem of course I will interview an A-List star and NOT screw up" attitude. I've literally D.I.Y'd my way through the whole process. I'm talking RESEARCH RESEARCH WATCHING and LISTENING 24/7, and to tell you the truth I wouldnt have it any other way. The answer is yes there have been times that I've sat at my cubicle and questioned if I was cut out to be interning LA's most watched news station, but i've been blessed enough to be reminded that the "American Dream" is all about this whole mantra of being a self starter...of taking the first step before seeing the whole staircase (thanks MLK for that quote), and there is also some delicious appeal about teaching yourself how to do something for a change. There are some weeks that are filled with a lot of little "UP'S"...and some weeks that fail to show little to none. It's hard not to freak out when the tides arent smooth ---but as we all know so well. Things always work out. Maybe not how we had situated them in out minds, but they work out.

Till tommorow enjoy a little boost by checking out the Scratch & Dent dreams video...this one goes out to all my dreamers out there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment